This is a Friday night tradition.
This is the drink that gets sipped through a straw for the two hours it takes to doodle on makeup and execute four outfit changes before hauling into a taxi and hitting the town.
It’s also, sadly, the only way I can convince Kit to ingest fruit. Other than bacon wrapped strawberries.
- 1 banana; I pre-freeze them to make a more refreshing chilled smoothie
- 4 strawberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- half a medium seedless orange, peeled
- 2 shots of vodka; I use Absolut Citron or Mandrin.
- 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt
Throw everything into a blender. Blend.
Pour into a glass. Insert straw.
Continue to sip until you see the bottom of the glass.
Congratulations you have now consumed your recommended daily intake of two cups of fruit… and two shots of vodka.
The idea here is simple: fruit + vanilla yogurt + vodka = delicious pre-party mixed drink. I make a few different combinations regularly with whatever fruit is in season.
Some of my other favourites are:
- Banana, peach, mango, tangerine + Absolut Mandrin
- Acai berry, blackberry, blueberry, banana + Absolut Peach
- Honeydew, cantaloupe, banana + Absolut Hibiskus